Well, there’s not much going on studio-wise these days. At least not for me. I listen to the rough mixes until I can’t stand them and then I put them away for a few days. Then I email the engineers some more notes about how to edit the tracks. And then I don’t hear back from them. I have no idea at what stage the recording is in at this point. I guess it’s time to hound them by phone for a while. I’d like to set some deadlines and a release date but I want to be realistic (Ha! Manishtana halila hazeh mikol haleilot?)
I do owe you some blogs. These are the things I plan to write about… a) soon b) someday c) whenever:
- Recording with the Prayer Warriors.
- What’s happening with the song “Light.”
- I’ve got an artist with pieces showing all over the world to do the cover art.
- I have a graphic designer, a wonderful friend from high school and college, to do the layout.
- More about the business of recording. I’ll even share my prospectus and budget that I wrote.
- And more about songwriting in the “Noah’s Notes” blog spot.
My webmaster wants me to remind and encourage you to use the “comments” feature available for each post. There’s a little grey number (all zeros at this point, except for this one because I’ve posted an example) next to the post title. Just click on that and you can write a response and post it. I think it’s a moderated forum so don’t look for it right away.